Website TexMed Home Health
Home is home
A Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant provides coordinated occupational therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Performs services planned, delegated, and supervised by the OT
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communications skills to participate in teaching the patient and family
- Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner
- Applies concepts of infection control and standard precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements; participates in in-service programs
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of occupational therapy assistant with an Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Licensure: Current Texas State License to practice occupational therapy.
Experience: One year of experience as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant is preferred.
Skills: Therapy skills as set forth in the Therapy Practice Act and other regulatory agencies. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile.