TexMed Home Health is seeking a qualified, motivated Speech Therapist for part-time work in the Killeen/Temple areas.
As a Home Health Speech Therapist, you will:
- Perform an ongoing clinical assessment to identify patient/client needs, and determine the level of functioning and appropriateness of the patient for home care.
- Develop and evaluate the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s). Prepare and complete clinical notes, phone orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis and in a timely manner.
- Analyze patient needs and provide appropriate care that is ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. Revise the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data.
- Provide therapeutic treatments for speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disorders with appropriate tests and measurements. Provide services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Communicate with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Provide patient and caregiver education
- Use effective interpersonal relations and communication skills; facilitates the use of these skills by other team members to achieve desired outcomes.
- Participate in agency-sponsored in-service training.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited university
- Current State License in Speech-Language Pathology
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Medical Specialties: Home Health
Benefits: Flexible schedule (Monday to Friday, Weekend Availability)
COVID-19 considerations: We provide all CDC recommended protective gear.